It's been a wonderful start to the new year so far (I know I'm a bit late, but better late than never!).
I've been keeping very busy writing film scores, concert music, and much more. Check out the updates below:
- I had the pleasure writing an original score for a re-cut of the feature film, Desires of the Heart by the talented James Kicklighter. Here's a summary: Dr. Kris Sharma (Val Lauren) is a psychiatrist from India practicing in Savannah, Georgia when he meets Madeline (Alicia Minshew), a local artist with a mysterious past. While their relationship begins to blossom in America, Kris is summoned home by his brother (Gulshan Grover) to marry the woman (Priya Ahuja) chosen by his parents. But as he begins to make decisions about his future, he discovers centuries old secrets that may seal the fate of his destiny.
- The score employs strings, solo english horn, and various synth instruments to create a moody, mysterious and supernatural feel for the film.
- Take a listen to a few excerpts below:
- Messiah, the short horror short I scored in November 2015, has received tons of accolades and has been accepted to several film festivals and audiences loving the storyline, acting, directing, and even the music! Kudos to my director and horror master, Mark Grabianowski! The next screening is Monday, March 21 at 9:30pm at the NoHo Cinefest. Also, check out a sample of the score below:
- Debris (Escombros) has hit the film festival circuit and recently won Best International Short at the Manchester Film Festival in England. The film also screened at the San Diego Latino Film Festival is scheduled for a few others in California. Stay tuned to the Debris Facebook page and website for more info. So happy for Mary-Lyn Chambers, our wonderful director, and team Debris. Listen to a few excerpts of the score below!
- In the beginning of the year, I finished working on two concert pieces, Running Spirit for full orchestra and Firestarter for string orchestra. Both will have their respective premieres on May 22 performed by the South Florida Youth Symphony. I will be in Miami for several rehearsals with the group, so I'm looking forward to making some great music under the leadership of Marjorie Hahn, music director for SFYS.
- I was also selected on February 15 as one of the winning composers for the Los Angeles Live Score Film Festival where the winning composers will have the opportunity to score a short film from a festival winning director. My short film is Miranda, a beautifully-shot silent film which touches upon several themes such as a beauty, playfulness and introspection. I had a great time scoring this film and just yesterday I put the finishing touches on the score and parts. The Helix Collective Film Scoring Ensemble will perform the score live to picture on Saturday, April 30, 2016 at ArtShare-LA. Get your tickets for the screening/performance, and filmmaker/composer panel by clicking here!